4/12/10

Yogee Noodle

Hello all,

Making my first appearance here on Broome's Belly... Dan Schwartz. Glad to be here.

Last week my dad and I tried this Chinese place on Chyrstie Street called Yogee Noodle. I knew nothing about it besides the fact that it was nearby, but was pleasantly surprised at the quality of our meal. The restaurant was clean and neat (no small consideration when eating in Chinatown), and the enormous menu was filled with affordable, intriguing options. We started with soup, my dad getting the hot and sour while I ordered Egg Drop. I've never ordered egg drop soup before, despite having spent an inordinant amount of time in Chinese restaurants. It was a delicious success, not too eggy, and my dad really seemed to enjoy his soup too.

For entrees, we shared chicken and chinese mushrooms with black bean sauce and shrimp with Chinese vegetables. The chicken dish was absolutely the highlight. The sauce was phenomenal, and I couldn't get enough of the perfectly cooked mushrooms. The shrimp with veggies didn't have a particularly noteable flavor, but tasted so fresh it was enjoyable nonetheless. Overall, a great meal and I look forward to working my way through the menu in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment