3/20/11

Is this thing on?

Let's try and pretend the last time I updated wasn't 6 months ago. OK? OK. This is mostly going to be catchup. I follow this guy on Twitter, 1000 Times Yes, who does whole album reviews in one tweet (140 characters or less). Because I sure do love a good gimmick, I'm going to copy that for some recent restaurants I've been to. And by recent I mean in the last 6 months. And by last 6 months I mean last 2 months, because that's all I can really remember at this point.

The Essex: Duck dish reminded me of Chinese takeout. Good pork sliders. Service sucked and waitress didn't know what vegan meant.

The Commodore: Best fried chicken I've ever had. Dipping sauce=butter. Arteries=clogged.

Pure Food and Wine: Everything vegan, everything raw. "Cheese" actually looks/tastes like cheese. Ran into Alec Baldwin.

ABC Kitchen: Small portions, but some of the best food I've had in NYC. Definitely the best I've had in a restaurant adjacent to a carpet store.

Fette Sau: MEAT!!!!!!

Kin Shop: Awesome Thai food, especially the duck. Top Chef season 1 winner is the cook, but the place is in no way gimmicky.

Bare Burger: Get your Ron Swanson on and eat some exotic meat.

Five Points: Classy establishment for a meal with the family. Very classy. Classy.

I promise, I will update this more often. Really.

Accompaniments: The Antlers "Hospice", Vessels "Helioscope", Baroness "Blue Album", Young Widows "Old Wounds".

No comments:

Post a Comment