2/20/10

Frank Restaurant

Restaurant: Frank
Meal: vegetable salad and roast chicken sandwich


I went to Frank restaurant for lunch last week with my aunt. After having a little difficulty getting in (ignoring the "Please use other door" sign, etc.), I waited for my aunt in the barroom, a small, cozy space with dim lights. Eventually my aunt showed up and the host brought us around to the dining room, which included a walk through the edge of the kitchen. The main room was small but inviting, and featured mostly young couples and groups of older people.

Even though it was still somewhat early, I decided to forego the prix fixe brunch menu (I was a little under the weather and anything with eggs seemed a little risky). Instead I went with a pretty basic meal of the vegetable salad and roasted chicken sandwich. The salad was nicely presented, but not very cohesive-big pieces of broccoli and beets and large string beans made it hard to combine anything. All the vegetables were fresh and tasty, but it ended up being more of a sampling plate than a salad. Certainly not bad-just not what I was expecting.

The sandwich however was very nicely put together. The goat cheese tended to overwhelm the taste a little, but this was a good thing, as the cheese had great texture and flavor. The chicken was well cooked and the tomatoes added a nice contrast. Overall everything was great, and based on the strong recommendations I've gotten from other friends, I hope to go back sometime on a settled stomach and try some of their more interesting fare.

No comments:

Post a Comment