2/25/10

Peter Luger Steakhouse




Restaurant: Peter Luger Steakhouse
Meal: steak for 4, tomato slices, creamed spinach, potatoes, and pecan pie

If you live in New York City (or anywhere really) you've heard of Peter Luger Steakhouse. Known for their top notch steaks and old school charm, this place has been around forever and is the go to place for a high end steak. I had tried their burgers before, which were great, but I figured it would be a good idea to use my birthday as an excuse for my parents to pay for a steak for me.

After arriving half an hour late for our reservation (thank you very much Chinese New Year), and a celebrity sighting (Judge Judy) we took our seats. We started off with tomato and onion slices and a Caesar salad, which were both good but not great. The obvious attraction though was the steak for 4 (my sister got the salmon for some reason). Although we asked for medium rare, the steak was basically rare, which was fine with me. It was just as juicy and tasty as I had expected. Along with some creamed spinach (basically butter in the form of spinach) and some potatoes, it was really an excellent main course. I of course ate more steak than necessary, but there was still some leftover for a steak sandwich the next day.

For desert we got a pecan pie, which was scalding hot, but very tasty once feeling came back in my tongue. They also put some candles in a humongous mound of whipped cream for some reason too.

Unlike certain Ninja restaurants (review possibly forthcoming), Peter Luger's truly lived up to the hype, and I'm glad I finally got to go. Although I can't really afford to be a regular steak eater there, I'll certainly be back for some burgers in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment